North America (U.S. and Canada)
Our University Relations Program focuses on mechanical, electrical and software engineering and is critical to the company’s success because it helps us identify high-potential prospective employees.
The program provides students with participation in meaningful technical projects using leading-edge computer-based design and manufacturing technologies.
We offer two types of University Relations Appointments:
- To provide students with “hands-on” professional level application of knowledge learned in the classroom, directly related to their chosen career path.
- To expose students to a “real world” business environment while performing professional level work that may complement the students’ coursework.
- Multi-work term agreement with Panduit Corp.
- Commit to at least three (3) 12-week work sessions that generally alternate between work and study (i.e., a semester at Panduit, followed by a semester at college/ university, etc.).
- Generally results in a 5-year degree program.
- Single-term work experience at Panduit Corp; may be multi-term sessions. One-time work assignment is at least 12 weeks in duration and typically will occur during seasonal breaks.
- May work part-time during the academic year and full-time during seasonal break.
- Does not interfere with the student’s academic schedule or commitment.
- Can participate after satisfactorily completing course/hour requirements equivalent to the completion of sophomore year within an educational institution accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Program (ACBSP).
- Must provide verification that he/she has, and maintains, throughout the duration of the assignment, a grade point average of at least 3.0 out of a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university program (as defined above).
- Must satisfactorily complete Panduit’s pre-employment requirements, which include drug testing and execution of all employment and confidentiality agreements.
- All positions are paid.
- The scope and complexity of each subsequent work session should increase and build upon past academic and application learning.
- The total maximum years a student can work as either an intern or co-op should not exceed six.
- Typically will work in the same position at the same level of difficulty throughout work assignment.
- The total maximum years a student can work as either an intern or co-op should not exceed 6.
- Students are supervised and evaluated at the work site by employer.