Effective Date: March 15, 2013
Panduit complies with the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Panduit has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Panduit’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
This Policy will let you know:
What we track
What we do with the information we gather
Cookie Disclosure Policy
Access and Choice
Links to 3rd Party Websites
How to Contact Panduit
When you download and use a Panduit Application, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID"). This information is used to give us an idea of what devices are preferred by our users when using Panduit Applications.
We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your wireless or mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Applications.
Panduit also collects IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate information on users to the site.
We are continually striving to make the Panduit website a better information site for you. In order to do that, we continually monitor and analyze the aggregate information we collect from our users. We analyze traffic patterns throughout the Panduit site to highlight popular areas, and to improve the sections which are not meeting the needs of our users.
We may occasionally use customer contact information and professional interest information from the registration form to send email announcements about our new products or services and to contact you if there are any changes to the site that will affect your user experience. We may also use email addresses collected from our Applications to send you information regarding relevant products, solutions and services.
We may share your personal information with our distributors so that they can generate sales opportunities. If you do not want us to share your personal information with our distributors, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Panduit is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our customers’ or users’ personally identifiable information.
Here's a quick rundown of what we see as the biggest advantages of cookies:
- Faster, more secure access: So we don't have to ask you to identify yourself with each new page requested.
- We can deliver you customized information and store your settings more efficiently.
- Better information: We want to give you features and services that you're interested in. By monitoring popular -- and not-so-popular -- features in an aggregate manner, we can better serve your needs.
To change your cookies click here to see instructions on how to modify your browser’s cookie settings.
We will respond to your request to access within 30 business days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Panduit Corp. World Headquarters
18900 Panduit Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60487