Panduit to Showcase Innovation in Wire Management Solutions at the Electrical Wire Processing Technology Expo
May 9, 2018
Today at the Electrical Wire Processing Technology Expo (EWPTE), Panduit, a leading global provider of electrical and network infrastructure solutions, will showcase their innovation for assembly and bundling in wire harness designs.
“For decades, we have been inventing and creating wire harness products that give our customers a competitive advantage and that create a more agile work environment for some of the most important manufacturing processes in the world,” said W. Adam Simms, Senior Business Development, Manager – OEM, Panduit.
Harness the Power with Industry-Leading Wire Harness Innovation
Panduit will highlight and demo wire harness products designed to increase performance, efficiency and enhance productivity for multiple industries including energy, military and defense, aerospace, medical devices and more. Attendees can see and test the latest innovations such as:
- CP-881 Reel Fed Ferrule Tool – this semi-automated tool provides a quick three-step process (wire stripping, ferrule placement, and ferrule crimping) with a cycle time of 1.5 seconds for maximum jobsite flexibility and productivity.
- PAT 4.0 Automatic Cable Tie System – offers performance six times faster than conventional manual cable tie installations. Using continuously molded cable ties on reels, the PAT 4.0 system accelerates productivity with industry-leading cycles times that are 25 percent faster than other automatic cable tie systems.
- Hand Tools including the BlackFin® Battery Powered Micro-crimping Tool CT-2300/ST and BlackFin Crimping Tool CT-2500/L, built with an innovative in-line ergonomic design that requires less hand force, reducing the risk of injury.
- Easy-Mark Plus™ Labeling Software - provides advanced features such as 'drag and drop' functionality and wizard tools to help create customized labels, plus data import, symbol import, and pre-loaded label formats.
- Panduit Work Station – an optimized wire harness assembly station that utilizes the productivity enhancing solutions of the PAT 4.0 and QuckBuild™ Harness Board System, a modular alternative to the conventional board and nail method.
Harmonized Standards to Accelerate Innovation and Ensure Interoperability, Reduced Cost and Risk
Panduit’s early commitment to the delivery of standards is helping transform the overall growth of industrial manufacturing practices. In wire management, for example, Panduit believes that new harmonized standards within UL/CSA/ANCE/EN 62275, along with changes to be introduced in 2019, will ensure a company’s wire harness is acceptable on a global market, and provide higher reliability and product performance at lower installed costs with reduced risks. EWPTE attendees can learn more by attending Panduit’s session “Global Standards for Wire Management Products-62275 Harmonization Process” on Wednesday, May 9 from 2:30-3:30pm.
Broad Ecosystem of Partners Leverage Panduit Solutions
Manufacturing demands that innovations are interoperable with many ecosystem partners. Panduit works with partners across the industry to offer comprehensive solutions for wire harness, including:
- Cirris Systems (Booth #1726) – For more than 30 years, Cirris has specialized in cable and harness testing by offering products and knowledge to companies across the globe. Cirris test equipment analyzes cables and harnesses for thousands of applications across consumer devices, hospital and medical equipment, aerospace and more. Cirris test equipment and the Panduit Quick-Build system have merged to provide wire harness builders with a quick and efficient way to test multiple wire harness assemblies by reusing mating connectors and without the need to reconfigure test equipment.
- Delta Sigma Company (Booth #1611) – An ISO 9001:2008 registered company located in Kennesaw Georgia, Delta Sigma Company specializes in developing systems and tools to automate large, complex, precision assembly and manufacturing processes. Panduit and Delta Sigma have partnered to incorporate Delta Sigma’s 2D projection systems with Panduit’s Quick-Build system to create an easy-to-use “roadmap” that facilitates proper wire harness assembly. When integrated with Cirris test systems, this workstation allows users to quickly configure, assemble and test complex wire harness designs with improved efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Gem (Booth #1843) – For over 60 years, Gem Gravure has provided quality printing technology and fluids for marking wire and cable creating product combinations for everything from bottling craft brews to manufacturing electronics. Panduit and Gem have united to provide a full spectrum of wire & cable identification solutions from inkjet printing to a wide variety of labels, printers and all-in-one labeling software to simplify identification and labeling of wires and cables.
- Telsonic Ultrasonics (Booth #1845) – Since 1966, Telsonic Ultrasonics has been a specialist in industrial ultrasonic technology. Telsonic Ultrasonics are certified according to ISO 9001 (SQS) and applies lean production principles. Its technical documentations are developed in accordance with ISO/DIS 17100 and support customers globally in the qualified application of ultrasonic systems. Panduit and Telsonic Ultrasonics have teamed up to provide ultrasonic welding capabilities to the wire harness manufacturing process, providing a critical link in the value-add chain.
- Schleuniger (Booth #1732) – Schleuniger is the leading international manufacturer of high-precision cable processing machines. Whether cutting, stripping, crimping, sealing, or marking, Schleuniger‘s automatic and semi-automatic machines process cables reliably, economically, and precisely. Incorporating Schleuniger machinery with Panduit applicators and product combines the best of both worlds to create powerful wire processing equipment that cuts, strips and crimps to provide the most efficient, reliable and repeatable terminations an automated process can provide.
- Wire Harness Manufacturers Association (Booth #1155) – Established in 1993 to serve and dedicate their resources to the global cable and wire harness industry. WHMA is the only trade association exclusively representing the cable and wire harness manufacturing industry including manufacturers, their suppliers and customers.